Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Any Level of Physical Activity Helps Prolong Life

This makes perfect sense to me...keep moving!

-------------------------

Any kind of exercise will help extend your life, say researchers who used a sophisticated test to arrive at that conclusion.

"There are plenty of reports out there saying that self-reported exercise like running or jogging is beneficial," said lead researcher Todd M. Manini, an exercise physiologist at the U.S. National Institute on Aging. "We wanted to see if just usual daily activity had a protective value."

His team's six-year study of 302 people between 70 and 82 years of age found that any sort of energy expenditure through physical activity was associated with a lower risk of death.

That finding, published in the July 12 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association, is not entirely surprising. Organizations such as the American Heart Association have long said that some physical activity is better than none. What was unusual about this study was the exquisitely detailed measurements used to determine levels of physical activity, Manini said.

Continue reading...
Any Level of Physical Activity Helps Prolong Life - Forbes.com

5 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It makes sense of course that any activity will help keep patients healthy. Move it or lose it they say. The same goes for the brain. Learning new things also stimulates the brain and helps keep dementia and Alzheimer's away..

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous obstetrician mater hospital said...

I think women in every part of the world are physically active due to their household chores and other commitments to their families. So they tend to believe that they are healthier than men. Even though this actually contributes to their better health, I feel that they should do some exercises as well as they may not get the kind of exercises they actually need.

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous mina said...

Good day!
I'm looking for any contact details (email, phone number or mail address)of the website owner or marketing person that I can communicate with for possible business venture on website income opportunities. We are very much interested to do business with you. Please send me an email together with your website name and I'll be glad to call you to discuss this matter.
Thank you

minasol@yourmediaguru.com

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger saxorok said...

One day last summer I took my two adult daughters to the movies. When they told me how much the tickets cost it seemed to be on the low side to me. I paid what they asked for and forgot about it. The next morning when I was cleaning out my purse I found the receipt from the night before. I was horrified to see that they charged me for two adults and one senior citizen. I was only 55! I looked in the mirror and sure enough, I looked older than my age. I decided at that moment
that I was going to have some cosmetic surgery. I reached out to an acquaintance who obviously had some work done. She told me that the reason she looked so much younger was not because of surgery but because of some amazing cream she found called LifeCell. I really thought she was covering up for her surgery so I started asking around about LifeCell and I found out that many dermatologists are hailing it as the most potent needle-free skin care treatment available to science. Studies have shown it prevents "cell damage linked to facial aging and wrinkles" I have to tell you that 7 months later I look like a new woman. I have been getting compliments like I never got in my life before. If you think it might help you, you can get a free sample online and see for yourself.

http://www.lifecellskin.com/?ref=f369c051

 
At 2:07 AM, Anonymous Adrienne said...

I have been fortunate to have been able to exercise all my life and have ample proof of the benefits. If anyone is taking up or increasing their level of exercise after a period of inactivity, it is very important to increase the level or duration of exercise very gradually and keep note of how your body reacts and the time of the recovery period.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home